Tuesday 8 July 2014

REVIEW: Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara

I brought this product after watching too many Tanya Burr videos as she raves about this mascara and the magical effect it has on her lashes. I dashed down to Boots as soon as I could in order to try this miracle product.




On first application I wasn't sure. I really like the larger brush size but I wasn't keen on the actual brush, I far prefer a more plastic applicator. The formula, I found was quite wet and didn't really hold a curl in my lashes at all. Although a really nice black colour, I found that after several layers my lashes looked really spidery and clumpy.

After a few weeks the formula became slightly dryer which I found worked better on my lashes but I still remained disappointed as the mascara really didn't give my lashes any curl at all.

On the whole I think this is a pretty marmite product and I think I might be in the minority of people who really just didn't get on with it. It's such a shame because I really like other Maybelline products but this one just didn't work for me. I'll continue to use it, simply to use it up but I won't be repurchasing. I think I'll just stick to my Benefit They're Real mascara from now on ..

What do you think? Did you dislike this mascara as well or do you totally disagree?

El x

No comments:

Post a Comment