Saturday 6 December 2014

Matalan SS15 Press Day

This post is long over due but I thought I'd still share my experience with you. I was kindly invited to the press day for Matalan's Spring/Summer collection, which as you can imagine I was really excited about.


The collection explored a variety of trends from tribal prints to pastels. 




I was particularly impressed with the home-wears as they looked like they could be from Next or somewhere way more expensive!










I began chatting to one of the organisers of the event about the collection and she said that the whole range couldn't really be categorised as reminiscent of any other high-street retailers- and I totally agree with this. 

 The collection had elements, such as the tribal wear which were quite similar to River Island but also contained coats which wouldn't look out of place in a Zara store.

On the whole I was really impressed that a brand that if often quite overlooked could bring out such a diverse and interesting collection, with pieces which wouldn't look out of place in some of the post prominent high street retailers.

Ellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment